Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pastels

I've been working with pastels lately. Here is some of my latest work! My hope is that it creates a desire in the viewer to see what is beyond the hills.


The sky is very significant to me spiritually - whenever I look at it, I just find so much peace and a sense of God's presence. Come rain or shine, He is constant. My security needs to be found in Him and Him only. This picture reminds me of that, of my dependence on Christ alone. Remember, no one else prevails!

I also like this because I have never known how to do shading with pastels, so I learned a lot. This piece is a springboard into trying new things with pastels. I am very excited to expand my art work!

Sometimes it's a hard thing to create and get in touch with a certain vulnerable side of ourselves. But it is worth it in the end. To get in touch with that part of yourself, whether with music, artwork, or writing, it is going to get you more in touch with your true self. And that is something to never regret!

Something I learned: Instead of actually using a black in your drawings or paintings, use brown! The brown is much more natural and softer looking, as you will see from the top of the sky.

In Christ,
Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments on my work or writings. Leave questions if you have any, and I'll be sure to keep in touch.