Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Corrie ten Boom


So I drew Corrie ten Boom! I've never drawn someone in their 80s or 90s before, and it is quite different. It's not totally accurate, but I really enjoyed the two hours I spent on her. I need to work on drawing textured backgrounds. And I made the darker parts of the drawing way to dark. But I am really psyched about drawing in general, and slowly climbing out of the funk I was in. :)

I checked out "The Hiding Place" from the library, which I really recommend! I've read it once before, but it will be nice to read again. Basically Corrie is talking about how suffering does not keep us from God, and she presents that in a beautiful story from her life.

I'm thankful for God's intervention in my story. Even though there may be suffering involved, even though there is so many times that I'm confused or afraid, God is with there beside me. And the smile on Corrie's face, after all she's endured, proves that for me. It's clear evidence of the freedom that Jesus Christ brings. I don't know about you, but I want to seek that with all that I am. It's not easy, but God is worth more than any of the struggles we may face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments on my work or writings. Leave questions if you have any, and I'll be sure to keep in touch.