Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Harp

February 2013
Music is art. Playing the harp is a type of art. It is a way to express emotions that words cannot express. It is a way for your energy to be poured into something that can touch others in ways words could not.
Playing the harp is a lot of work, and it is mostly a lot of fun. Through the harp I discovered that work can be fun. Through the harp I discovered that the best things in life are small, gentle, and hard to experience unless you take the time to just... be. To be nothing less than your true self. To be nothing less than in the moment, and fully alive.
With my fingers, I can control the strength and the softness of the song, and I can put into it as much as I want out of it. It is an instrument that moves me, inspires me... Fears and insecurities have to be put aside as I perform. They are there more often than not, ever so tangible and real, but it's about playing on. Not focusing on the past mistake, not even necessarily looking back to try and replay what you did, but to learn from it, and move on with the song.

December 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments on my work or writings. Leave questions if you have any, and I'll be sure to keep in touch.