Friday, November 9, 2012

Perfect Painting?

It can easily get discouraging to see so many incredible artists and all of their incredible paintings. And here I am, struggling to even start one! Painting is not a strong point of mine, but I know it will be one day with a lot of determination. This is something I am sure can be done with a lot of practice as well.

Honestly, though, I have been so inspired by all of the beautiful paintings and drawings I have seen on my new Pinterest and StumbleUpon accounts! All of them are so full of beauty and elegance, and something I feel my paintings often seem to lack. What I want for Christmas more than anything (take notes, Mom and Dad!) is an oil painting kit; with brushes, turpentine, book on how to mix the colors, and a wide variety of colors. Obviously not the cheapest present, but a girl can dream, can't she?

Painting is about self expression; seeing the drawing for what it is and portraying that in the best way you possibly can. It's about class, elegance, grace, and fun! It doesn't need to be perfect, but it does need to have something special. No one would want to look at it otherwise. No one would be interested, and want to give a second look.

These paintings caught my eye in particular. The names of the artists are below them.

Painted by Henry Patrick Raleigh

Gerard Dubois

Cario Dolci

Looking at these paintings, it's easy for an aspiring artist, such as myself, to become discouraged. But I think God wants me to take these as inspiration for me to work harder to develop the talents He has given me. These paintings to me seem perfect, but I think that there is more to art than perfection, and God is pleased with my art as long as He gets the glory.

God bless,
The Artistic Believer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments on my work or writings. Leave questions if you have any, and I'll be sure to keep in touch.