Friday, September 28, 2012

Art Contest Success!

I can happily say that my work was not in vain.


 As you can see by the picture, I won third place! There were two rounds to the contest. The first was the judges choice; my picture was not picked. The next round was viewers choice, which I won third place in.


The picture now rests happily on my dresser. :)


I won a $20.00 A.I. Friedman gift card! I plan on getting some charcoal and paper, and working on more sketches!

This may be a small victory, but it is indeed a victory. All the glory goes to Jesus; He gave me this talent. I am so thankful that others appreciate it as well! He shows me every day that He appreciates me and my talents, and He longs for me to use them more. I know I can listen to Him more each day about that; this is hard for me to admit, but I don't draw enough!
Lately I've been learning that in the Christian walk, we don't have to work hard for God's approval. Little things every day, God has been showing me that He loves me and approves of me. He loves everyone, following or not. He longs for all of us to be intimate with Him, He wants us to be His friend. He is not against us, He is not a harsh ruler; He is our Daddy. Our heavenly Father. Our Abba.
Now that I'm realizing this fact, I want to do more for Him, more than ever! It's a beautiful cycle. He is simply lovely. :)
Throughout this school year, I hope to draw and post a lot more!

God bless,
The Artistic Believer.


4 comments:

  1. Nice job, Brianna! :)
    -Shauna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shauna, I'm so glad you found my blog. Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  2. Great Job!! Congratulations :)

    I also love how different names for God help us get to know Him better.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel!

      That is so true. It truly adds so much to prayer. :)

      Thank you!

      Delete

Feel free to leave comments on my work or writings. Leave questions if you have any, and I'll be sure to keep in touch.