Friday, March 16, 2012

Babies!


2012 - Click for better quality

This is a portrait of myself as a baby. This is probably the most detailed portrait I've drawn, which is exciting for me. :) I drew it with a number 2 pencil. (I have yet to buy some charcoal.)

Here I cropped it and zoomed in so you can see the shading:


I'm very proud of the eyes - my Dad helped me :) - they look bright and innocent, like a baby's. Like I said, I don't have a digital camera, so I can't show you the original photo.

The shading is accurate, but in some spots too dark. I had only pale birthmarks on my forehead and cheeks; they weren't that noticeable. I notice my hair doesn't look light enough; I was a very blonde baby. The face features look very similar to how I did then, so the shading didn't bother me too much.

In my hands - it's hard to see it without color - I'm holding a rubber duck. I need to work on drawing things other than faces and shoulders - hands are not my forte. The finger outline is too dark for the body.


The dress is alright, but it's not dark enough. There were some wrinkles in it, but it doesn't accurately show a solid, black velvet dress.

It's the little things like that which send me over the edge(!!). But minus the little details, I'd say this sketch is wall-worthy!

I will post soon, with my most recent self portrait. All I will say is comparing last year's self portrait with this year's is very exciting!!

God bless,
Brianna


Note: I need to purchase a digital camera, so in the mean time my scanner will darken part of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments on my work or writings. Leave questions if you have any, and I'll be sure to keep in touch.